Sunday, August 14, 2005

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Title: Star Wars: Republic Commando
Platform/Game Type: Xbox - Squad-based Shooter
Date First Played: May 2005

Thoughts: Republic Commando did a fantastic job of making the player feel like part of an elite squad of commandos. It was easy to pick up and immediately feel competent. The interface, which used contextual cues/actions, felt seamless and immersive. Finally, the transmedia nature of RC really enhanced my enjoyment of the final Star Wars movie, which included little references to the game and vice-versa. After seeing General Grievous in the movie, my memory of having him in my sights in the game became much more vivid.

Why I stopped playing it: I finished it. Multiplayer didn't really interest me, so finishing the main campaign was enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home